Praying Always with all Prayer and Supplication

Throughout scripture we often see the word SUPPLICATION mentioned with prayer. Here are a few of the scriptures that mention supplication:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God... Philippians 4:6

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. Ephesians 6:18

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men...
I Timothy 2:1

Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications! Psalm 28:6

I cried out to You, O Lord; and to the Lord I made supplication. Psalm 30:8


***************

Supplication...So what is it?  What does it mean to make supplication to the Lord?  

The word supplicate means - to make humble and earnest entreaty (plea, request or petition) for something or someone.  

To make supplication means - to pray earnestly and a humbly to God.  

When we go before the Lord in prayer, He wants us to approach Him humbly, and offer unto Him our heartfelt petitions.  

The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. 
Ephesians 5:16b Amp 

We must put our all into prayer if we want to experience God's power and get results.  

Ask yourself these questions:

Am I approaching the Lord humbly? 

Am I praying from my heart?

Am I experiencing God's power when I pray?

Have you ever made supplication before the Lord? Feel free to share your experience or testimony.  


Kathy

Always remember - Pray-ers bear fruit!


No comments:

Post a Comment