Vision Comes Through Prayer

Do you have a vision for your life? The Word of God tells us that without a vision we perish (see Proverbs 29:18). Webster's defines Vision as the power of anticipating that which may come to be; foresight. One thing I've learned over the years is that having a vision will give you staying power. What I mean by that is when you have a vision of your future, it will help you to stay the course instead of giving up.


Throughout my 26 years of being a wife and mother, there have been times when the going got rough and I wanted to get going. It seems funny now, but back then I was ready to throw in the towel and run as fast as I could away from everything and everybody. Sure I loved my family deeply and I had sacrificed many things to keep my family together, but I had grown weary and tired because things seemed as if they would never get better. But as I spent time in prayer God began to give me a vision of what my family would look like in the future. This visual picture played over and over in my heart and mind at different times throughout the years, especially whenever I was tempted to give up. And that is why I'm here today.

If you don't have a vision for your life it's high time that you get one. Begin to spend time in prayer and ask the Lord to show you what He has planned for you. He will give you a vision for your future that is so great that it will give you the strength to press on during the hard times. As He shows you glimpses of what's to come, write it down in a journal and never let it go. Keep the vision before you because it will surely come to pass (read Habakkuk 2:2,3). I'm a living witness because God's vision for my life is more real today that it has ever been before.


In this photo from left to right,
son Jordan, son-in-law Stephan, daughter Emonne
 Me, husband Cliff, Mom Rosie

Blessings,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment