Are You the One?

I cried for a whole hour while watching the Oprah Winfrey Show today. She had devoted the entire show to the Freedom Riders. This month is the 50th anniversary of the historical freedom rides of 1961. To commemorate the historical event, the audience was filled with the men and women who rode buses into segregated cities because they were passionate about making a difference and effecting change in the South.

I am amazed and deeply inspired by the passion and courage of those who were willing to give their very lives for the cause of equality, and put a stop to racial segregation and social injustice. What would make young people leave the comforts of home and family, and board buses headed into areas where they could be beaten, thrown into jail, and possibly even loose their lives to effect change? Many of the men and women even wrote wills because they never expected to make it back home. Only the love of God and a love for mankind can fill a man's heart and leave them willing to take action.

Let's allow God to fill us with His love and give us a passion for changing our world around us. Just like the Freedom Riders, we too can be history makers and bring change to others lives for generations to come. Through prayer God will reveal to you an area where you can effect change and He will give you the ability to make a difference. I can still remember when God began to reveal to me how He wanted to use me to bring change to my family. As I spent time in prayer, it became clear which areas of my life and family were in desperate need of change. It wasn't a pretty sight, and I knew it would take a lot of work in the realm of prayer, but I was willing. Now my entire family enjoys the fruit of the prayers I prayed years ago. All it takes is one individual to start the process of change. If you are willing to lay your life down for the cause of Christ, God will use you to be that one.

Love & Blessings,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment