There's Purpose in the Pit

There was a time in my life when everything around me seemed to be going wrong.  I felt as though I was being lowered into a deep pit as one thing happened after another.  Just prior to this I had set myself to follow hard after God's plan for my life, and I was determined to accomplish what He had given me to accomplish.  But instead moving onward and upward I seemed to be going down low.

During this season I couldn't help but think of Joseph, one of my favorite people in the bible.  I remembered how he had been placed in a pit because he had a dream.  Joseph's dreams were nothing more than a forshadow of things to come.  Joseph had a destiny to fulfill and this pit stop was all a part of the plan.  He endured much but in the end God raised him to a position of power and influence(See Genesis chapters 37-50). Joseph's life offers us good insight into the process we face on the journey to our destiny.

The Word of God tells us if we humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord He will lift us up (James 4:10).  And think of John the baptist who was the forerunner for the Lord Jesus Christ.  He knew the importance of humbling himself.  He said, "He (Jesus) must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30).   Through these  examples I knew God was allowing me to go to a low place to prepare me for my future.  There was a purpose for the pit, and all I had to do was keep the right attitude and trust Him through the process.  And I knew God would raise me up in due season.  Today I continue to be amazed by what God is doing in my life as His blessings far surpass my wildest dreams.  

If you find yourself at a low place in life, be encouraged.  Take inventory of where you are and look to the Lord in prayer.  He will show you the purpose for the pit, and in due season raise you to greater heights than you could ever imagine.  If you keep the right attitude and trust God through the process, you will one day find yourself living in a palace of blessings.

In His love,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment