A Veteran's Day Prayer


I must say I am thankful for days like Veteran's Day that are set aside not only to give special honor and recognition to our Troops, but to also cause us to pause, reflect, and be thankful for our Veterans. We cannot forget all they have done and continue to do for us. The word tells us,

First of all, I encourage you to make petitions, prayers, intercessions, and prayers of thanks for all people, for rulers, and for everyone who has authority over us. Pray for these people so that we can have a quiet an peaceful life always lived in a godly and reverent way. This is good and pleases God our Savior. I Timothy 2:1-3

A Prayer for Veteran's and their Families

Father God, I pray for all of the men and women who have answered the call to serve this Nation, both currently and in the past. I thank you for their service and their sacrifice. 

Lord, as they work and fight to protect us and preserve the freedom we enjoy, may Your hand of protection rest upon them. Please strengthen them each day, and cover them in Your great grace! 

I pray for families, for wives and husbands who are separated from their spouses.  I pray for children who are without their parents. Keep them during times of loneliness and sadness. Fill their hearts with Your peace, and give them the assurance that they will see each other again. And Lord, for the families who have lost a loved one was serving this Nation, I ask that you would heal their hearts and bind their wombs, and comfort them like only You can. Turn their tears of sorrow into joy. 

Father, I pray that your divine wisdom will rest upon all Military leaders in all ranks of authority.  Only You know the concerns of their hearts and what they are facing. Please help them to know what to do in every situation that arises. 

Lord, I ask that You bless and reward our troops for their service and all that they do so we may live a quiet and peaceful life. 

God bless America. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment