Why Prayers Bear Fruit?

I came to know the Lord when I was ten years old, and was filled with the Holy Spirit when I was thirteen, so over the years I've had many opportunities to learn how to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.  No matter what I set out to accomplish, I always pray first, then I give God the opportunity to speak to me.  When I wrote my book Pray-ers Bear Fruit, it was no different.  I prayed as I wrote each chapter, and even the title was Spirit inspired.  

One morning as I was waking up, I saw in my mind's eye the title of the book.
 I saw the word Prayers, become Pray-ers, and I knew God was showing me something special.  I know from experience that it is the power of prayer that brings for fruit in our lives, so that's what gave birth to the title.  Pray-ers Bear Fruit has a two-fold meaning.  First, when we pray in agreement with God's Word, our prayers bear fruit.  Secondly, when we come to the place in our Christian walk where we realize our total dependence is upon God, we become Pray-ers who bear fruit, because the fruit is simply a bi-product of our union with Him.

"Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.  I am the vine, and you are the branches.  He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5,6

The very purpose for our existence is to glorify God through the fruit that we bring forth.  Jesus told us that we would be known by our fruit (see Matt 7:20).  And it is impossible to bring forth fruit that glorifies God aside from having an intimate relationship with Him.  Prayer is the key to bearing fruit!  And prayer is a vital necessity for every believer in Christ Jesus.  During His time on earth, Jesus was a Pray-er.  He was in constant fellowship with the Father, and would often withdraw from the crowds to go to a quite place to pray.  As a matter of fact Jesus is still praying today.  He is our great high priest who ever lives to make intercession for us (see Hebrews 7:25).  

Praying and bearing fruit go hand in hand.  I devoted an entire chapter of my book to explaining what it really means to bear fruit.  The chapter is titled We were Created to Bear Fruit.  Pray-ers Bear Fruit was written because God wants His people to become people of prayer, who bring forth fruit (results).  In essence, God wants us to live the abundant life that Jesus died to give us (See John 10:10).  It is high time for the people of God to arise and shine for the glory of God in midst of a dark world.  It's time for the church to awaken to prayer and begin to bear fruit!  The world is waiting on us.


In His love,

Kathy R. Green
  

For more information on Pray-ers Bear Fruit, please visit one of the following websites, or stop by your favorite bookstore wherever fine books are sold.

KathyRGreen.com

Christian Book

Amazon

Barnes and Noble






No comments:

Post a Comment