Everybody Gets a Turn

If you have ever waited in a long line at the grocery store, or waited for your name to be called at your favorite restaurant, you know how it feels to wait your turn.  But what about when you're waiting on answers to prayer, and much time has passed and nothing has happened?  
I believe God uses these seasons of waiting to accomplish His work within us, to prepare us for the promise. In fact, the Word tells us to go ahead and let this endurance complete its work so that you may be fully mature, complete, and lacking in nothing (See James 1:4 CEB).   


When we've done all we know it do, we must continue to wait on God, and trust in His love and His faithfulness toward us.  Because God sees where we are, and He understands our human weakness, and just when we need it most He'll send a word of encouragement.  That's why I'm writing this post.

A few months ago I was in a long season of waiting.  I had been praying over some issues, and was looking for some sign of manifestation, but there was nothing.  Then one morning just as I was getting out of bed,  I heard these words in my heart, "Everybody gets a turn."  I was taken by surprise and had to stop and think about what I had heard.  I knew God was speaking, so I asked Him what He meant.  Then He began to encourage me in my season of waiting.  Now I want to encourage you.  Because a word of encouragement is like a high potent vitamin for the soul, it will take you a long way.

The Lord revealed to me that just as Satan has been allowed to have his turn, He (God) was going to have His turn.  And when God has His turn, He wipes away even the memory of what we've been through.  It's not that we completely forget, but when the promise comes to pass, it's so marvelous that it's as if we never went through hard times.  Because God makes up for all that we've suffered.  Remember Job.  His season of pain and sorrow didn't last forever.  Satan may have had his way in Job's life for a while, but God stepped in.  And God restored all that Job had lost, and He gave him double for his trouble.


And the Lord restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends, indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. 

Then all his brothers and his sisters, and all those who had been his acquaintances before, came to him and ate food with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversity that the Lord had brought upon him.  Each one gave him a piece of silver and each a ring of gold.

Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning... Job 42: 10-12a 

When I heard the words, "Everybody gets a turn" I was filled with hope and encouragement.  I knew God had not forgotten me, and His promises were about to come to pass.  God has not forgotten you either, and He knows how much you can bear.  He will not leave you where you are.  Be encouraged! You're turn is about to come.  How do I know this?  Because EVERYBODY gets a turn!  No matter what you've been waiting on, eventually your turn will come.  Just don't lose hope and give up.   


I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.  Psalm 40:1



Kathy

Keep praying and don't give up... Pray-ers Bear Fruit!

P.S. If this post has encouraged your heart, please leave a comment, or share it with someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment