The One Thing We Must Do For God

Some years ago while living in Southern California, I would always take the back roads when driving home from Church.  This two lane country road wasn't the most direct or fastest route I could take, but I loved it because it took me through the beautiful orange groves.  With the windows down I could smell the fragrance of sweet oranges in the air.  Just seeing them hanging on the trees made me want to pull over to the side of the road and pick one.  If only I could touch the fruit, smell it up close, and hold it in my hand.  But the signs surrounding the groves said, This is Private Property, Trust Passers will be Fined!  Needless to say, I kept moving.

As children of God, our lives should resemble the bright and colorful fruit that hangs on trees; a true reflection of who we are in Christ.  Lives so fruitful and abundant that those who look upon us desire what we have to offer. 

The start of a new year is the perfect time to renew our relationship with God.  It’s the perfect time to challenge ourselves to pray with purpose.  You may be wondering what purpose I'm referring to.  I'm speaking of the the purpose of bearing fruit, and bringing forth results.  I titled my book Pray-ers Bear Fruit, because God revealed to me how utterly impossible it is for man to produce good results in our lives aside from being connected to Him.  Just like a baby cannot be conceived unless a man and woman become intimately connected, we cannot conceive and bring forth fruit aside from an intimate relationship with Creator God.  John 15 offers great insight into the process of bearing fruit. 

"Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you.  Live in Me and I will live in you.  Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches.  Whoever lives in Me and I in Him bears much (abundant) fruit.  However, apart from me [Cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.” John 15:4,5 Amplified

“If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in your and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.  When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine.” John 15:7,8 Amplified

Bearing fruit, more fruit, and much fruit comes when we spend time with the Lord in prayer. When we fellowship with Him and spend time in His Word, speaking it, thinking on it, and living by it fruit comes in abundance.  Fruit bearing is what we're here for, it's our purpose!  Look at what the apostle Paul had to say.

“So my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.” Romans 7:4    

Is your life producing fruit so beautiful and abundant that others desire to partake of it?  Does your life bring glory to God?  What area of your life do you desire to bear more fruit?  

May abundant fruit be yours in 2012.

Love & Blessings,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment