Prayer One Day at a Time

If there's one thing that saddens my heart, it's seeing people struggle through life, getting stuck in their various circumstances.  I love people and I love to see them grow spiritually and prosper in every area of their life.  Over the years I've spent countless hours counseling, sharing God's word, and praying with people trying to help them move forward. But sometimes my words seem to fall on deaf ears when people refuse to develop a lifestyle of prayer and put into action what they've been taught.  And the truth of the matter is, where prayer is lacking, change is lacking also.  I've seen this time and again.          

I was a child when I began to develop the habit of talking to God about everything.  At the time I had no idea that I was forming a spiritual discipline that would last a lifetime.  Over the years God has answered more prayers than I can even count.  In fact, my entire life has been transformed through the power of prayer.  That's why I'm on a mission to help others learn to tap into prayer and enjoy the results that come from spending time with the Lord.

I once heard Dr. Mike Murdock say, "The secret to our success is hidden in our daily routine." In other words, what we do day in and day out is what makes the difference.  It's like a person who exercises on a regular basis.  They eventually develop a lifestyle that results in a physically fit body.  Prayer is no different.  As we pray day by day we will eventually develop a lifestyle of prayer that yields fruit in every area of life.

As the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a strong prayer life.  So don't view prayer as an overwhelming task, instead take it one day at a time. Getting started may be the most challenging part of all, but once you begin, even if it's for ten minutes a day, you will find yourself becoming spiritually strong and enjoying the results that follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment