Praying in the New Year

As one year ends and another begins, I like to take time to reflect on all that has happened throughout the year.  I look to see what God has done in my life and whether or not I've made any progress.  I also check to see if I've grown spiritually, and I seek God for His direction for the coming year.  Prayer is the place where all of this is discovered.  

Only God knows what the future holds for each of us, therefore it is imperative that we go to Him for direction.  For the past few years I've started each year with a time of fasting and prayer.  I make a determination to push away the plate, the television goes down to a bare minimum, and I set myself to seek the Lord by spending more time praying, meditating scripture, and quieting myself before the Lord.  

It's during these times of fasting and prayer that the Lord reveals things that were otherwise hidden or unknown. He has shown me areas of my life that needed adjusting, and at the same time given me directions or a strategy to move me closer to His divine plans and purposes.  God doesn't want to leave us in the state we're in, He wants us to make progress and live the life He has planned for us. 

You may be wondering if starting the year with a time prayer and fasting is really necessary.  I believe it is absolutely vital to your success and victory for the entire year.  Instead of waiting to see what's coming your way, you have already taken steps to prepare yourself for the future.  I challenge you to make a decision to start the New Year with prayer, and if possible a bit of fasting (even if it's sacrificing one meal a day for three days), only you know what's right for you.  Find out what God has to say about where you are as it relates to your future.  Your year will be off to a great start and it will put you on course with destiny; then you can have, do, and be all that God desires.   

Blessings,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment